Saturday, February 7, 2009

Let's Count Our Blessings

It's true we're in a recession, although some are already in a depression. Nevertheless there are still people and things that we can be grateful about. Be grateful for that person that pulled through for you and showed you there are still some honest, genuine people out there that you can on. Be grateful for your family that is resplendent with health, joy and quality time. Talking about quality time, my folks decided to play karaoke and I joined in. I spent the entire time rolling myself on the floor with teary eyes. I think I had one of the best times of my life. I also discover something else, actually I already knew so, I can't sing!!Lol, therefore I will never leave my daytime job or convert it to a singing career. You still have a job you can hang into, be grateful. Do you have a delightful relationship with your significant other, be grateful.
In hard times it's very difficult, even arduous to think positively. To think positive does not mean to ignore your dire circumstance, but to acknowledge it and take proactive actions to dig yourself out. A year ago, I found myself in an asphyxiating situation. I couldn't eat, was sleep-deprived, lost my concentration and focus, forget about prayer: I couldn't pray either. Results, and this is according to my doctor: I had little to no iron in my body, became anemic (nearly got transfused), my liver got attacked. The only thing I could think about was 2009. Why? Because I knew by then I'd be in a much better place (actually it didn't take that long). And today not only I'm in a much better place, the place is different from what I've had envisioned a year ago, highly improved.
Granted, not all stories have a good ending like mine, nevertheless we should still remain deeply appreciative of what we have. And like Ms. Orman always says in her show: "People first, then money, then things."

1 comment:

Prince Hamilton said...

The secret is reliable friends and looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith.

Tweet Me