Saturday, April 24, 2010

Dear Readers

Dear Readers, 
First of all, I would like to apologize to my faithful readers. I took an unprecedented, though a much needed hiatus. Lots of great things have been happening to and around me and I hope to share with you some of them throughout my upcoming posts.

I would like to start with this image [they say a picture is worth a thousand words] and a recalibration of my stands which are better expressed through this alternate version of this poem from Carol Wimmer.




 When I say that 'I am a Christian,' I am not shouting that 'I am clean living.'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, but now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say 'I am a Christian,' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say 'I am a Christian,' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say 'I am a Christian,' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say 'I am a Christian,' I'm not claiming to be perfect.
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say 'I am a Christian,' I still feel the sting of pain.
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say 'I am a Christian,' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner who received God's good grace, somehow!


Stay tuned as there is more to come.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey beauty, nice that your R back. Just to let you know that you were missed. God Bless

Tresor De Beaute said...

Thank you!!
Would you sign your name, please?

Anonymous said...

You welcome sweetie. Always nice to read from you. A.F.

Anonymous said...

Spent two hours reading all your previous blog posts... wow, good writing Tresor De Beaute. You're very interesting, at least you've become more interesting than you ever were when I knew you well. Keep it up, lots of good writing, I'm surprised you don't get more hits and comments, they will follow soon I'm sure. Here's hoping you didn't make my out from the structure of my sentences lol.

Tresor De Beaute said...

Thank you for your words of encouragement. However, I'm not going to put on my Sherlock's hat. Sign your name or at least send me a private email if you don't want other people to know who you are.
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I have no problem with other people knowing who I am. I'm just giving you trouble on purpose. I'll stay tunned here, you'll figure out who I am later, you're smart enough (no Sherlock Holmes hat needed). Bye!

Tweet Me